Monday, February 1, 2010

photo by Pennywise We are limited, not by our abilities, but by our vision.If you witnessed the full moon rising on Saturday night, you already know what a phenomenal event it was. When I rounded the corner and saw that ball of orange hanging mid air above the road, I couldn't believe my eyes. Here was the full moon I had seen hundreds of times, but its beauty was so profound my jaw dropped. For those who don't know: the moon was in perigee, which simply means it was at it's closest point to earth in its normal orbit. It happens every month, but this month it coincided with the rising of the full moon. Scientists say it was 14% larger and 30% brighter than the "normal" appearance of the moon. I normally don't think of a 14% increase as much, but seeing it with my eyes really made an impact on me. It made me begin thinking about what it means to increase your production or your income by 14%. Our natural instinct is to want to double our output or income . . . or make phenomenal changes in our lives right out of the gate. Yet a 14% increase in the size of the moon was a jaw-dropping stop-in-your-tracks experience. Consider the effects of change in your life today and take the time to notice even the small changes. Forget the shoot-for-the-moon mindset and realize that change happens gradually. What may seem like a little change may well be a jaw-dropping change that begins the journey to a new life filled with all the things you dream of. Let the moon be your example today and lead you toward the life you dream of. Today, I am grateful for the blue-black sky that promises the sun is on its way. I am grateful for the soft winter wind that brushes my face and tells me I am alive. I am grateful for work that sustains my lifestyle, for opportunities to pursue new endeavors and the energy to complete them. I am grateful for the gifts God has bestowed on me, for my willingness to develop them and for the ability to touch the lives of others. I am grateful for family and friends who provide support and encouragement. And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your day be filled with hope and joy and may your belief in your abilities be strengthened. May the vision of the moon in all its glory inspire you to go forward today and make great changes in your life.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...