Monday, November 15, 2010

We awaken in others the same attitude of mind we hold toward them. ~Elbert Hubbard

Photo by kakisky



It's easy to believe that our attitude would be different, that our lives would be more enjoyable or that we would be better able to reach our goals if those around us would simply get with the program and change their attitudes towards life.

If you are like most people, you have probably experienced days when everything runs smoothly, everyone you meet is in a happy and uplifting mood and life simply flows. You've probably also experienced days when everything goes wrong and those around you are in sour or depressed moods.

You might even be guilty of saying that the moods of others are getting you down.

Consider that your attitude, your mood, your approach toward the day may actually be the attitude that starts it all.  Guard your attitudes and outlook carefully today. Consider not how others effect you. Consider how you effect them.

Today, I am grateful for the beginning of a new week, for the energy and commitment to meet my goals. I am grateful for gray skies that remind me that winter will come, for changing seasons that add beauty to our world and for frozen puddles that crackle and pop with my step.


I am grateful for time to complete daily tasks, for cozy evenings to read good books and for the infinite expanse of the Internet filled with wonderful uplifting stories of those who overcome all odds to meet their goals. I am grateful for the ability to filter what I feed my mind, the insight to seek out that which is uplifting and the wisdom to make the right choices.


Am grateful for the people in my life that I call family. For friends who offer support and all the  lives that my words touch today. 

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you guard your attitude well, today and make a positive difference in the world.



1 comment:

Gloria Huang said...

Thank you for reminding us to be grateful.

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...