Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life is full of obstacle illusions. ~Grant Frazier

As human beings we become so accustomed to seeing the things that stand in our way, that we forget there is always a way around them. Instead of looking for another way, we often give up and assume that our goals and dreams cannot be met. But, as Grant Frazier cleverly points out: that is often an illusion.

Consider the obstacles in your path today and get in the habit of seeing them as a mere illusion. There are many paths to your future, and many trails to your dreams. It is up to you to find them.

Today, I am grateful for the insight and wisdom to defeat seeming obstacles in my way, for the courage to press forward, even when it seems like there is no way to reach my goals. I am grateful for marvelous power of the human mind, for the ability to use that mind to see beyond the obvious, and for the drive to succeed.


I am grateful for summer rain that quenches my garden's thirst, for flowers that awake covered in dew, and for sunshine that scatters in an array of color as it touches raindrops on the grass.


I am grateful for music of the wind as it tickles the trees, for the call of the owl in the wee hours of dawn, and for stars that shine brightly under the cover of darkness.


I am grateful for family that I hold dear, for friends that share my life, and for children not yet born--who will surely change our world.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you cultivate the habit of recognizing obstacles as mere illusions today as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...