Monday, July 18, 2011

“How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively.” - Norman Vincent Peale

Seven Day Mental Diet Challenge Day Five
It always amazes me that it is our thinking that defines the challenges we face in life, not the actual circumstances. We are so accustomed to believing that the world around us defines our life -- yet, all the great thinkers repeatedly tell us it it simply isn't so.

Strive to think outside the box today and look at your problems and challenges in a new light. There is nothing so great that it cannot be overcome by a change in perspective and the will to succeed.

Today, I am grateful for the cool morning breeze to start my day, for the cheery robin who welcomes another day and for hummingbirds that dart here and there in search of sweet nectar. I am grateful for green grass, for growing vegetables and flowers.
I am grateful for a clear sound mind, a healthy energetic body and for insight as I begin my day. I am grateful for the mighty sun, for the glorious moon and for dancing leaves that flutter in the breeze. I am grateful for color and music and fragrance.
I am grateful for family, for friends and for polar bears.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you strive to think about your problems in new ways that you may overcome seeming obstacles as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...