Sunday, October 30, 2011

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind. Author Unknown


So often, we spend so much time thinking about what we are going to do that we never accomplish the things we want in life. Somehow, we think that everything will fall in place -- if only we wait for the right time. But the right time never comes, because we have not prepared the field for our dreams to grow.

The gardener doesn't wait until the conditions are perfect for growing and then plant a seed. The gardener knows he must prepare the soil and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty to do it. Be like the gardener, today, and begin preparing the soil for your dreams to flourish and grow.

Consider your dreams today and go about the business of making them come true. Continually turning them over in your mind will not bring them to pass. It takes action. Act.

Today, I am grateful for the new fallen snow that envelopes the world, for the sound of birds as they seek shelter, for excited dogs who prance in the snow and for children who scurry to find last year's mittens. 
I am grateful for the big white flakes that swirl and dance in the wind, for snow-laden trees who bow down to its beauty and the glorious preview of another winter to come. 
I am grateful for the excitement in the air, for a cozy warm home and for my office window that allows me to watch the gentle storm. I am grateful for hot coffee and the gentle chickadee that stops by for a bite to eat. I am grateful for changing of seasons as it tells me life will go on as it should. 
I am grateful for family, for friends and for pets that enrich our lives. I am grateful for days off that refuel the soul, for abundant work that allows me to meet my family's needs and for the ability to recognize new opportunities when they come may way. 
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your day be filled with joy as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.



2 comments:

Deb Aldridge said...

What a beautiful post! I have been searching for answers lately, and I just keep remembering "The harder you work, the luckier you get."

Nannette Richford said...

So glad to know that the post lightened your load.

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...