Saturday, October 4, 2014

You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.


Today's quote is attributed to motivational speaker Zig Zigglar who built his success on practicing the golden rule and  treating others as he wanted to be treated. This, of course, meant taking the time to see what others needed and helping them out along the way because he knew that we are all in this together and no one needs to go it alone.

It is so easy to become so focused on your own success that you forget that your real value is helping others get to what they want. It is, after all what we are here for.

Consider your skills and talents today and think about how they can be used to help others get the things they want in life. Consider why you began doing the thing is you do in life and how that enriches the lives of others. When you shift your focus from your own wants to filling the wants of others you will find your own success along the way.

Today, I am grateful for the beautiful fall colors, the earthy scent of fall and the excitement of squirrels and birds as they flock to the feeder. I am grateful for wind chimes that sing a melody in the brisk fall breeze, for pine cones and beechnuts and evergreen boughs that remind me that winter will come in due time. 

I am grateful for great writers who create invisible worlds where I can walk down roads that exist only in the mind. I am grateful for musicians who lift up my soul with music wretched from the depth of their souls, for artists who bring new worlds to light and for the imagination that lives in every man's soul. 
I am grateful for family and friends who have made my life rich with tears and laughter to fill a lifetime, for strong coffee on a chilly fall day and for biscuits. 
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop and share my day. May you find great joy in learning to get everything you want by helping others get what they want.
If you found my blog useful, or it touched your life in some way, please pass it on to others.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...