Friday, February 26, 2016

A Bird Does Not Sing Because It Has an Answer ...



The birds of the the forest don't wait until the sun is nigh to begin singing. They sing out loud and clear long before dawn, serenading the world with their song. How great is their faith that the sun will return and their confidence that their song should be heard. Be like the birds today and give no thought to the circumstances around you as you lift up your head and sing your song. Know that you were given your song for reason and a few cloudy days will not dull its sound.

Have faith that you are headed in the right direction and even if you cannot yet see the sun, it will arrive on time.

Today, I am grateful for the dusting of snow that beautified the world under the cover of darkness, for the bright sun that peeks between the clouds and for the inevitable coming of spring. 

I am grateful for clean, fresh air to breathe, for sparkling snowflakes in the sun and for squirrels that always entertain me. I am grateful for the majesty of trees as they stand silent waiting for the arrival of spring, for the mystery of seeds that hold a whole lifetime within their coat and for fresh soil teeming with life. 

I am grateful for family and friends, for old acquaintances and for strangers I meet along the way. They have all helped shape me into the person I am. I am grateful for the changing of seasons that allows us to anticipate and celebrate the best of each.  

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop and share my day. May you be like the birds of the forest today and sing out your song for the world to hear as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...