Friday, May 14, 2010



The best way you can predict your future is to create it. ~Stephen Covey




Photo by Jennifer Renee

Consider the direction of your future, today. Where are you going? How will you get there? What are you willing to do to create the future of your dreams? 

Too often people subscribe to the notion that envisioning their future is all that is required to manifest abundance in their life. It isn't. It takes action.

When you visualize your future and act as though you already have it you are building that future. If your dream is to be a famous artist or an accomplished writer, imagining it so is not enough. Paint. Draw. Write. Express your belief in word or on the canvas and go in the direction of your dreams. 

Take action today to move yourself toward the future that already belongs to you. Go forward and claim it with conviction.  Cast away those nagging fears that "maybe you can't do", "maybe you aren't good enough", "maybe  it isn't meant to be" and make it happen.

Today, I am grateful for the opportunity to pursue my dreams, for my vision of the future and the energy to go forth and claim it. I am grateful for vast open spaces of earth untouched by man. I am grateful that stars still shine, that sun still brings life and that clouds still bring rain. I am grateful to be part of an awesome universe, to have the earth to call my home and for small towns where everyone truly "knows your name." 

I am grateful for family that brings me strength and friends who stretch my thinking. I am grateful for Richard Bach and his provoking work in "Ilusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah." It gives me much to consider and words to ponder. I am grateful for youtube that provides a wealth of videos about the human mind and how it works. I am grateful for a sound mind that continues to learn and expand and entertains new ideas.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you go forward with hope and faith today as your work toward building your future. 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...