Friday, May 21, 2010

Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.  ~ Richard Bach

Take the time to really look at your life today. Step back. Gain perspective  and look for the opportunities that already exist. If you are in the habit of waiting for the perfect opportunity to present it self, you may be missing out. Sometimes, opportunities that seem small at first glance turn out to be that "perfect opportunity" you've been waiting for. You won't know until you take the time and effort to go after it.

Today, I am grateful for leaves as they shimmer in the sun. I am grateful for the sound of wind that lulls the world to sleep at night, awakens the birds in the morning and cools the air on hot summer days. I am grateful for solid earth beneath my feet and unlimited sky above my head.


I am grateful for family and friends who share my day, for strangers who will cross my path and for those I will never meet, but touch my life with their words. I am especially grateful for new writing opportunities that allow me to work from home.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop and share my day. May your day be filled with light and may new opportunities you thought were only dreams of come your way.
















No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...