Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"I can't change the direction of the wind,
but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."

Jimmy Dean 

  
photo by kconnors

Consider the direction you wish to go today, and set your sails to take you there. So often, we convince ourselves that obstacles lay in the path and prevent us from going forward. It is up to us to find the way around those obstacles and press forward in the direction we want to go. 

Your belief in the power of positive thinking and gratitude is not a guarantee that the path will be clear and the road will be swift. But it does give you the tools to clear the obstacles and steer your life in the direction you want to go.

Too often, we begin to think that everything should fall in place without effort and find ourselves falling victim to old beliefs, old habits old ways of thinking.

Set your sails today and go forward in the direction of your dreams.

Today, I am grateful for the knowledge that I can reach my dreams, that I have the power to set my sails and that I can direct my path. I am grateful for the strength and conviction to move forward with confidence, for the courage to stick to my dreams and for those who help me along the way.

I am grateful for family and friends who fill me with hope and bring me joy. I am grateful  for those I have yet to meet for they have knowledge to share. I am grateful for teenagers as they challenge the beliefs of those who have gone before them. 

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader as you stop to share my day. May your sails be set to take you to your destination and may obstacles fall to the side.  

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...