Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time is but the stream I go a-fishin in. Henry David Thoreau


It's funny how our perception of time changes from day to day. Sometimes, it seems to loom before us - yet somehow slips away like the flowing river. Strive today to spend your time in leisure - neither wishing time away - nor squandering it on things you do not enjoy. 

Sometimes, we convince ourselves that to reach our dreams and goals we must devote all out time in their pursuit and end up frustrated because it seems our efforts are in vain. Step back today and let your dreams unfold in their natural course - neither hurrying them nor holding them back. You will arrive when it is time.

Be kind to yourself in this new year. Allow yourself the gift of time. It clears the mind and rejuvenates the soul - allowing you to go forward in the direction of your dreams with confidence and clear vision.

Today, I am grateful for winding streams, jumping fish and the reflection of the sun. I am grateful for the smell of the earth, the gentle caress of the summer breeze, and the music of water.
I am grateful for a new year about to unfold,  for a clear sound mind to see the way, and for quiet moments to renew the soul. I am grateful for eyes that see, ears that hear, and a heart that beats.
I am grateful for houseplants that lift the spirit, for windows to see the world, and for candles that flicker in the night. I am grateful for the soothing scent of lavender, the aroma of fresh perked coffee, and running water.
I am grateful for family who are ever-patient with my unorthodox work schedule, for readers who visit my work, and for woodland creatures who hunker down to keep warm in the winter's cold.
I am grateful for oceans teeming with life, for the vastness of space, and for cold crisp silence that envelops winter nights.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my world. May you use your time wisely as you go forward in the direction of your dreams. 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...