Monday, January 30, 2012

You will never "find" time for anything. If you want time, you must make it. Charles Bruxton

So many times we spend our day running around and declaring we simply don't have time for all the things we want to do that we forget each of us is allotted 24 hours in a day - no more and no less. How we choose to use those hours is up to us.

I ran across some interesting information last night while doing some research. The author suggested that any time we spend during our work day that is not moving us toward our goals - either personally or professionally - is wasted time.

Now, I'm not suggesting that you give up leisure activities that promote a healthy life style, or that you neglect the relationships in your life. What I am suggesting is that you take a few days to "track" how you use your time.  I think you, like most of us, will find that you waste much more time that you ever would have guessed.

Take this post, for instance. I looked at the clock and thought, "I only have 15 minutes. What can I possibly accomplish in 15 minutes. I might as well visit Face Book and catch up on my friends." The it hit me, if keeping my blog updated is one of my goals - which it is - why not put that 15 minutes to good use.

For today, keep track of your time to identify areas where you can be more productive - saving time for other activities that you either enjoy or that will move you toward your goals.

I am grateful for the brilliant sun that sends reflections skittering on snow and ice, for the strength of trees that withstand the storm, and the joy of children as they slide on crusted snow.
I am grateful for mornings that greet the day with hope, for birds that flutter to and fro, and for the red squirrel that prances by my window.  
I am grateful for family and friends without whom I would be lost, for new friends I will meet along the path of life, and for strangers who may share but a moment in time.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you use your time wisely as you go forward in the direction of your dreams. 

 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...