Saturday, January 7, 2012

To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others. Albert Camus


So often we let others determine our happiness or peace of mind by being too concerned about what they think to enjoy our lives. Although others are important and treating them with love and respect is always a good choice - being true to yourself is important too. 

Strive to remember that what others think about your dreams and goals is never as important as what you think.      Seek out support and advice from those you trust, but resist the urge to doubt yourself due to their negativity.

Today, I am grateful for a snow-covered earth that glistens under the winter sun, for pine trees covered with snow and green grass that sleeps beneath the surface. I am grateful for mild, moist air that feels like spring in the midst of winter for it reminds me of the warm days to come.
I am grateful for new opportunities that come my way when I least expect them, for the wisdom to choose wisely which I will pursue, and the courage to take risks when necessary. I am grateful for the power to choose, the right to make my own decisions, and the freedom to pursue my dreams.
I am grateful for life that I may enjoy the enormous beauty that surrounds me. I am grateful for people who never cease to amaze me.
I am grateful for family and friends who make my life whole, for acquaintances from long ago who helped mold the person I am today, and for those yet to come into my life who will help mold what I become.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you always remember that happiness comes from within and not from the opinions of others as you go forward in the direction of your dreams. 


No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...