Tuesday, July 10, 2012

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

                                                                                                                           Freedigitalphotos.net

It's funny how you can go along in life convincing yourself you are working towards your goals and dreams, and then in flash realize you are playing it safe and not really taking a risk at all. I've been doing that for a while. As some of you know, I am a writer. It's what I do for a living. Lately, though I've been settling for work that comes my way and rationalizing that times are tough and I'm lucky to have work all.

It isn't like the work is bad or the pay is abysmal or anything like that. It's not. It's just that I suddenly realized that by playing it safe and sticking with a relatively sure thing,  I was probably missing out on opportunities to expand and grow as a writer.

I made a decision to do something about it and finally published my author site and put myself out there for the world to see. You can check it out, if you'd like at Professional Writing Services. Where it will lead is anyone's guess.

If you, like me, have fallen into the habit of settling for less than you really desire, and find yourself rationalizing about the rotten economy or thinking you are lucky to have what you have - it's time you take a risk and step it up a notch.

Remember the words of Walt Disney today, "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." 

Today, I am grateful for the setting sun that sends rays across the sky, for the chattering squirrel who thinks I should offer him more food, and the robins as he serenades the night. 
I am grateful for my rudbeckia in full bloom, for my beautiful lilies, and for my vegetables garden that grows by leaps and bounds in the hot summer sun. 
I am grateful for clean fresh air to breath, water to drink and food to eat. I am grateful for pink clouds touched by the sun, for the ever-changing blue of the sky, and for the night stars that will soon appear. 
I am grateful for a healthy body, a clear sound mind, and for peaceful moments amid nature. I am grateful for summer nights that sing to the soul, for ears that hear, and eyes that see. 
I am grateful for children who make me proud, for a spouse who is always there, and for family that I hold dear .
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you be filled with the words of Walt Disney today, as you find the courage to reach for your dreams.


No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...