Friday, August 20, 2010

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” ~Oscar Wilde


Consider your dreams today, however faraway they seem, they are the compass to where you need to go. Dreams don't just float into your life for no reason.

If you have a dream, that is secreted away out of the light of day, bring into the light today and make it happen.


Today, I am grateful for moonlight and shadows, for the sun as it slides into night, and for the sunrise that promises a new day.


I am grateful for sleep that brings rest to the soul, for cool water to drink, and the fruit of the earth to eat. I am grateful for computers, photographers who willingly share their magnificent works of art and for dogs who sleep lazily in summer sun.


I am grateful for family and friends who complete my life, for the elderly who share the stories of the past, and for strangers who have yet to cross my path. I am grateful for great minds that bring knowledge to the world, for great hearts that fill the world with compassion, and for strong bodies that perform labor that we all might live in comfort.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your dreams be lofty and may you pursue them with conviction as you go forth with your day.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...