Sunday, August 15, 2010

“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way.”~ Dr Seuss



Consider your goals and heart's desires today. They are out there waiting for you, all you need to do is go forward and claim them. Too often, the mountain looks too big or the distance seems so far that we become discouraged and fail to strive for what we want.

But we can't cross the distance or scale the mountain simply by viewing. Visions are wonderful, but to reach them takes action. 


Are you ready to take action today? Go forward with singleness of mind and conquer that mountain. Never forget the power that is inside you.


Today, I am grateful for soft damp air that whispers that rain may come and renew the earth. I am grateful for a reprieve from the beating sun that has dried the earth. I am grateful for unfolding flowers that bring beauty to my day.

I am grateful for grasshoppers as they spring from plant to plant, for crickets that sing into the night and for leaves that rustle in proud strong trees. I am grateful for the faraway cry of the crow, the barking of dogs and the tender meow of loving cats. I am grateful for old country roads that ramble through the wilderness, moss covered rocks and meandering streams.


I am grateful for a family to love, for friends to share a laugh and for the kindness of strangers. I am grateful for work that beckons, for eyes that see and a heart that feels.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day while you go forward to conquer your mountain. May your heart be filled with joy that overflows to the lives of others today.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...