Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vision is only the first step . . .

You cannot plough a field by
turning it over in your mind.

Author Unknown


Photo by  jzlomek










The farmer knows that vision is only the beginning. To bring that vision to fruit requires dedication and hard work. Simply wishing it so, does not prepare the soil or sow the seeds.

Consider the attitude of the farmer today as he works steadfastly toward his vision. Just like you and I, he faces challenges beyond his control, but he does not give up.  If the weather takes a bad turn, the farmer does not give up in despair. He strives to reach his goal despite the circumstances. 

How many times in our lives we think we cannot go on--that reaching our goals is impossible--simply because of the circumstances around us. Rise up above the temptation to give in to circumstances and go forward with the determination of a farmer today as you strive to meet your personal goals.

Today, I am grateful for the chattering squirrel as he raids my feeder, for the gentle breeze that tells me fall is on its way, and for fluttering leaves that are music to my soul.  I am grateful for flowers in bloom, fragrant garden herbs, and hummingbirds as they dart through the air. I am grateful for the air I breathe, sweet garden vegetables, and sunshine.

I am grateful for family and friends who make my life full. I am grateful for those who have crossed my path and brought me the knowledge I needed to move forward. I am grateful for those I am yet to meet as they bring with them things I still need to learn.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your heart be filled with warmth and joy as you go forward--like the farmer-- to bring your vision to pass. 

 

1 comment:

Marie Anne said...

What a wonderful outlook! One I need to adopt more consistently.

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...