Sunday, March 13, 2011

“'Tis the set of the sail that decides the goal, and not the storm of life” Ella Wheeler Wilcox

by matthew_hull       
As human beings, we become accustomed to getting caught up in the storms of life that we forget to set our sails to take us in the direction of our dreams. Instead of moving forward, we willingly enter the turmoil and confusion that swirls around us unable to see the direction we need to go.

Consider your ability to look past the storms today and set your sails for the direction you want to go. Focus your energy on that you want to accomplish instead of the obstacles in your way.

Today, I am grateful for warm spring sun, for melting snow and the tiny patches of bare ground that grow bigger with each passing day. I am grateful for soft spring air, for honeycomb snow and for blue skies.


I am grateful for ideas that come when least expected, for moments of inspiration and for the courage to rise above the storms and head in the direction of my dreams.


I am grateful for this massive earth that we call home, for an infinite universe filled with great beauty and for the joy of life.


I am grateful for the outpouring of concern for those facing disaster in Japan and all the areas affected by the recent earthquake and tsunamis. May they reach out in love and a spirit of giving without cultivating a spirit of fear for impending disaster across the globe. 


I am grateful for family and friends who make my life full, for the ability to see that which is good and uplifting in all who I meet and the grace to overlook that which is not.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you find the courage to look past the raging storms and set your sails to take you in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...