Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions. Albert Einstein

Imagine for a moment that you have the power to bring anything into your life that your heart desires. Imagine that there are no limits either physical or financial. Imagine that it were impossible to fail. What would you choose to do? Go ahead, take a moment to form the image in your mind. Now hold that image.

Now tell me, what is preventing you from accomplishing that goal? Oh, I'm sure you can come up with more reasons than you can name and some of them may be pretty convincing--but the truth is all that is preventing you (or me) from reaching those goals is our beliefs about reaching them.

Consider your heart's desires today and evaluate the real stumbling blocks that stand in your way. Brainstorm ways to overcome them and set short term goals that will lead you in the direction of your dreams.

Today, I am grateful to be filled with energy, for a productive day's work and for a clear sound mind. I am grateful for what surely must be the last winter's storm, for warm dry socks and slippers.


I am grateful for a hot shower, for the smell of clothes dried on the line and for bumble bees that will return when it is time. I am grateful for soft pillows that cradle me to sleep, for cats and their relaxing purr, and books.


I am grateful for family and friends who bring a smile, for children who put all their energy into play and for the elderly who share their wisdom with the world.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop and share my day. May your imagination be vivid and and your future be bright as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad Einstein never said this. Check your sources before propagating a falsehood.

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...