Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. Margaret Lee Runbeck

If you are in the habit of thinking that you will be happy when you have more money - or when you reach your goals - and hold onto the belief that the circumstances of your life control your happiness, it's time to stop. Sure circumstances of your life may create momentary happiness - but that kind of happiness is always dependent on the outside world and can be torn away at a moment's notice. True happiness comes from inside you and doesn't depend on the circumstances of your life.

One way - and many may argue it is the only way - to find happiness in your life is by taking stock of your blessings and expressing sincere gratitude for them. Strive today to cultivate true happiness by expressing your gratitude for the good things in your life as you work to reach your goals.

Today, I am grateful for the brilliance of the sun as it casts its rays across the frozen landscape, for heat and hot water that bring comfort to my home, and for sheltered nooks that provide warmth and safety to the animals of the forest.
I am grateful for steaming coffee that fragrances the air, for the flickering flame of the pellet stove that adds warmth and comfort to the home, and for shelves of books that secret away their wisdom in silence.
I am grateful for Sage, my cat, who follows me where ever I go, nipping at plants, sleeping in the sun, and purring me a good night song each night.
I am grateful for family to share my world, for friends who lighten the load, and strangers who reach out their hand.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop and share my day. May you cultivate the art of finding true happiness as you go forward in the direction of your dreams. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uplifting post!

Kristen Brown said...

This blog is truly useful to convey refreshed instructive issues over web which is truly appraisable. I discovered one effective case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now. Hur man tjänar extra pengar

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...