Thursday, December 1, 2011

We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. ~Author Unknown

It's amazing how often we make our way through life thinking that if we but change the world around us, our lives will suddenly fall into place, without considering that perhaps we need to adjust our sails. The direction we will go and the destination we will reach depends on our ability and willingness to set the course.

Consider the journey you wish to take today and instead of fighting the prevailing winds -- adjust your sails to take you in the direction you need to go.

Pay no attention to the doom and gloom preached by those around you, as they are merely a reflection of the winds that blow. Take action today and harness the power of the wind to fuel your journey to a bright and prosperous future.

Today, I am grateful for bright winter sun, blue skies and white clouds that do not yet threaten snow. I am grateful for the glint of color as sunlight glistens off the frozen landscape, for the tinkle of my wind chimes, and for the blue jay who calls in the silent air. 
I am grateful for new opportunities yet to come my way, for a clear sound mind to start my day, and for the joy of beginning another December awaiting the arrival of Christmas. What a glorious season to close out the year! 
I am grateful for family and friends, for good health, and for the ability to feel joy in the softness of the wind or the beauty of the night. I am grateful for the freedom to choose which path I shall follow, for the insight to make good choices, and for the energy to sustain my efforts. 
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you adjust your sails as necessary today, as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...