Wednesday, February 8, 2012

If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. Frank Howard Clark

As human beings we often find ourselves surprised when obstacles seemingly block our way. For many, a simple tree across the path is a signal to turn back or to find another path. For others, the tree simply slows them down a bit as they decide on the best way to get around the obstacle.

As some of you know, I have recently faced an obstacle that has caused me to stop in my tracks and evaluate how best to get past this temporary setback. A regular source of writing income - the source that allowed me to devote time to other writing pursuits - like this blog - has been suddenly cutoff.

Like the tree across the path, I know that there is always a way around it and what lies beyond is often greater than what has come before. If you, like me, face obstacles in your path, don't let it stop your journey towards your dreams. Go over. Go under. Or go around - but don't turn back.

Today I am grateful for the blessings I know are just around the corner, for faith to hold fast to my dreams, and the courage to face obstacles without fear.
I am grateful for the bright winter sun, for melting ice that drips from the eaves, and for the squirrel that darts before the window. I am grateful for blue skies that brighten my day, for the promise of spring to come, and dreams of green and growing things.
I am grateful for family and friends who lend a helping hand, for writers who share their knowledge with the world, and for poets who paint pictures in my mind.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you greet obstacles with courage and determination for beyond them lies the path that leads in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...