Sunday, March 11, 2012

Listen to the sound of your dreams and be unafraid to follow the music.


Sweet Music

Buy This at Allposters.com

For many of us, following the sound of our dreams gets confused with following what others think we need or want. Instead of listening to our own music, we sometimes find ourselves listening to the sound of other people's dreams and follow it like the Pied Piper, never suspecting that it may be leading us astray.

Be still today and listen carefully for the music of your dreams that your joy may be full as you strive to reach your goals.

Today, I am grateful for frogs and toads that will soon emerge from their winter's slumber, for warm soft air that fills the heart with joy, and for melting streams and rivers that will soon flow freely. I am grateful for fiddleheads that will soon begin to grow, offering free food for all who seek them out. 
I am grateful for eyes to see, ears to hear and hands to feel. I am grateful for air to breathe, water to drink and the beauty of the Universe. I am grateful for trees that provide shade, babbling brooks that soothe the soul, and moss that creates a green carpet on the forest floor.
I am grateful for insects with their soothing hum, for dandelions that offer up spring's first flowers, and for mud that is cool and squishy beneath the feet. I am grateful for March winds that dry the earth, for spring rains that bring the promise of new green life, and for kites that fly in a clear blue sky.
I am grateful for my children who always make me proud, for my husband who is always there, and for brothers and sisters who always make me smile. I am grateful for friends who add interest to my life.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you learn to listen to the music of your soul as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...