Saturday, March 10, 2012

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.


Journey of a Thousand Miles

Buy This at Allposters.com

Sometimes we become so afraid of stepping out and doing something new that all we can focus on is the long journey that looms ahead of us. The way looks too long or the path too steep and we become paralyzed unable to move forward.

It is then that we must concentrate on taking the first step in the direction we want to go. As we begin the journey, we suddenly discover that momentum increases and its isn't nearly as difficult (or steep) as we imagined.

If you find yourself afraid to begin the journey today, step out in confidence and know that within you lies the ability to achieve your goals. There is no mountain too steep or path too long unless you make it so.

Today, I am grateful for the brilliant spring sun, for melting ice and snow, and for raised garden beds that emerge beneath the snow. I am grateful for clippings of fresh herbs that have survived the winter, for the lonely fox that calls in the distant woods, and for excited squirrels that scurry to and fro.
I am grateful for March winds to dry my sheets, for sprigs of green grass for my cat, and for the mighty moon that adorns the night sky. I am grateful for my wind chimes that make lively music in the brisk breeze. 

I am grateful for family - who never ceases to amaze me with their goodness and their talents, for friends who I can count on, and for neighbors who make my corner of the world enjoyable. I am grateful for strangers whose lives I cross, for sharing a smile or laugh with someone I may never know, and for those who I will someday call friend.

I am grateful for new work opportunities that have come into my life, for the courage and confidence to do them well, and for the ability to bless the lives of others along the way.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you always remember that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...