Sunday, December 2, 2012

“Christmas doesn't come from a store, maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more....” ― Dr. Seuss


Watching "The Grinch" is always a happy time for me. As a kid, my brother and I watched it together every year and even continued  while I was in college. Although he has been gone for over 20 years, it still brings back memories of him. Christmas isn't here until I watch "The Grinch".

Unfortunately, many people act a lot like the Grinch - before his transformation - when Christmas time rolls around. I like to think they act this way out of fear and not out a mean-spirited heart.

I'd like to encourage you to make an effort to turn things around for the Grinches in your life. Show them love and compassion that they may become open to the spirit of Christmas.

Today, I am grateful for Christmas memories, for the joy of knowing I am loved, and for the love I feel for my family and friends. I am grateful for Christmas lights that brighten the landscape, for songs to lift the spirits, and for a warm home to keep me cozy inside.

I am grateful for the birds of the air and animals of the forest, for mountains that stand against the storm, and trees laden with snow. I am grateful for snow plows and road crews that work to keep us safe, for hot coffee and sugar-free creamer.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you touch the hearts of the Grinches in your life and teach them the meaning of Christmas this year, as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.



No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...