Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. Buddha

Freedigitalphotos.net

So often we become so focused on reaching our goals and dreams that we forget that happiness doesn't lie in reaching our goals. Happiness doesn't happen at some magical point at the end of the journey. Take the time today to look around you and give thanks for all that you have that you may experience happiness along the way.

Get into the habit of sharing your joy and good fortune with others so that you may both be blessed with happiness and great joy. May you take time away from your busy schedule today to laugh much and experience the joy of being alive.

Today, I am grateful for winter snow that brings us a white Christmas, for my family that will gather on Christmas Eve, and for poinsettias. I am grateful family and friends who fill my life with happiness and joy. I am grateful for a warm cozy home, hot coffee and popcorn.

I am grateful for stars that twinkle in the night, for children who dream of the coming of Santa and for my cat lies beside me and purrs as I drift off to sleep.

And, I am grateful for you dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your life be filled with happiness as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you. I am grateful I came across your page.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...