Saturday, December 29, 2012

In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia. Author Unknown

FreeDigitalPhotos.net

We all know that without goals, we are not likely to achieve the degree of success that we desire in life. Not because we aren't working hard enough or are not talented enough - but because we fail to focus our energy on the tasks required to meet success.

There is no better time to refine your goals than the beginning of a new year when we are offered a fresh start. As 2012 draws to a close and 2013 lurks just around the corner, I've taken some time to consider my goals for the upcoming year.

In the past, I have set goals for how much I will write or how much money I will earn from my writing, but this year, I've decided to try something new. I have decided to set a goal of reaching a wider audience with my writing. This, of course, means increasing my following in social media. Although the exact numbers I am aiming for are not well-defined, just yet, I still have a few days to get that worked out.

In the meantime, if you are so inclined, you can help me reach my goals by subscribing to this blog and following me on Twitter and Facebook. You can also subscribe to any of my writing topics that interest you, or share them with friends and family you think might be interested.


You can also find me on Maine Garden Ideas and Yahoo! Voices.

Today, I am grateful for the many outlets I have for my writing, for readers who make my work worthwhile, and for the ability to earn a living doing what I love. I am grateful for new opportunities to take my writing to a higher level, for the energy and inspiration to do my best, and the joy that comes from knowing I have given it my all.
I am grateful for new followers that I may enrich their lives as they work to reach their goals, for the technology that allows readers and writers to connect across the globe, and for the compassion of strangers that reach out to others in times of need.
I am grateful for falling snow, moonlit skies, and clouds that float aimlessly in bright-blue skies. I am grateful for the bright sun and the increasing hours of sunlight that promise us that spring will surely return. I am grateful for flowers as they sleep beneath the snow, for green grass that will once again blanket the earth, and for snow drifts that silence the world.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you focus on clearly-defined goals, today, as your go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...