Thursday, December 27, 2012

“What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” ― Robert H. Schuller

FreeDigitalPhotos.net
As 2012 winds down and the new year looms ahead, many of us look to our future and begin the important work of setting new goals for reaching our dreams. Unfortunately, all too often we stop short of setting goals we really want to achieve because they seem too hard and we are afraid of failure.

Consider the words of Robert H. Schuller today and give some thought to what you would attempt to do if you knew you could not fail, for in that answer lies your heart's desire.

Reaching the goal may not be quick or easy, but with planning you can set manageable steps for reaching it. If you, like me, are a writer who strives to reach that magical goal of finishing a novel or writing your family history, begin now by setting short-term goals and working diligently toward them.

The key to your success is not the goals you set, but your willingness to work toward them to bring them to reality. For today, take the time to consider what it is you really wish to accomplish in 2013 and begin setting short term goals for reaching them.

Today I am thankful for the blanket of snow that envelops my world, for trees that offer wild animals protection from the storm, and for the knowledge that this too shall pass and the sun will return.
I am thankful for the road crew that works diligently to remove the snow, for emergency crews who stand by ready to assist those in need, and for little children who hunker down in bed after a joyous day in the snow.
I am grateful for family and friends who enrich my life, for strangers ready to lend a helping hand, and for neighbors who make my world feel safe and secure. I am grateful for old friends who helped to make me who I am, for teachers who showed me the way I should go, and for writers everywhere who share a bit of their world with me. 
I am grateful for my health, for a clear sound mind, and for the inspiration of nature that fuels my soul. I am grateful for the towering trees, the vast oceans, and the infinite Universe. 
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you consider what you would attempt to do if you knew you could not fail and let the answer lead you as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.





No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...