Friday, March 26, 2010


You can begin feeling whatever you want (even if it's not there)..
the universe will correspond to the nature of your song.


Consider the birds of the field today. The robin arrives with expectations of spring and hops cheerily about regardless of the weather. He doesn't waste time worrying that it is not warm enough, yet. He doesn't run and hide at the first sight of snow. He knows in his heart that spring is here and that life will unfold as it should.
As a kid, I loved the old song "The Robin came and sang. Cheerup. Cheerup. Cheerup. Spring is here. Spring is in the air." I fancied that the robin came to to welcome spring and bring cheer to my life. I still watch for the robin and find great joy in listening to his song.


The robin knows when spring is due and doesn't waste time waiting for everything to fall in place before he takes action. He acts on what he knows to be true. Take your cue from the faithful robin today and act as though spring is already here. 

Today, I am grateful for the dusting of snow that bids farewell to winter. I am grateful for the return of the robins sitting proud atop the tallest tree. I am grateful for cool crisp air that breaths life to the soul, for clear blue skies and for brilliant sunshine. I am grateful for the opportunity to live another day in peace and joy and the comfort of working from home. I am grateful for the opportunities I have yet to recognize, for the lives I touch with the written word and for kittens all soft and warm.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your life be filled with peace and joy as you go forward on your journey to filling your life with abundance. May you have the faith of the lowly robin today, who returns in spring without regard to the brewing storm or the chilling air.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...