Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Greatest Discovery


The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes.  ~William James
Photo by  Paul Everett

I've always had a passion for hot air balloons and imagine myself soaring above the earth in the clear blue sky looking down and seeing cool green pastures, lush green foliage and meandering brooks. 

I can feel the cool crisp breeze on my face that fills my lungs with fresh clean air and rejuvenates my life.

Visualizing my future should be no different. 

Today, I challenge you to find that magical feeling of your youth when visualizing what you wanted most in life was easy -- the time when you could feel the very fabric of your future. Grasp onto that and transform it to fit your current goals. 

Remove the boundaries today and let yourself imagine your future without fear or concern. Dare to dream the big dreams and let go of whatever it is that holds you back. Share your dreams, if you can -- or dream in secret if you must -- but find the courage today to dream and then follow that dream wherever it may lead.

You'll find me soaring over the tree tops and taking in the view. 

Today, I am grateful for new opportunities, for recognizing new paths and for renewed courage. I am grateful for the emergence of spring and the promise of new growth around me. I am grateful for  perfect health and strength to complete the tasks I wish to complete. I am grateful for the sun as it peaks above the horizon promising a new day.


I am grateful for family, old friends who brighten my path and for new friends I have yet to meet. I am grateful for quiet moments, laughter and sunshine. I am grateful for living in the country, birds on wing and stars that light the night.


And, I am grateful for you dear reader as you stop to join my day. May your day be filled with joy as you continue your journey to change your life one thought at a time.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...