Sunday, April 18, 2010

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.~Eleanor Roosevelt


Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/R. A. Gutermuth (Harvard-Smithsonian CfA)


As children we are allowed to dream, but the transformation to seeing reality as it is comes too soon. Dreams fade and we follow the expectations of those around us and adopt a mindset that focuses on the here and now. 

Focus on your dreams today and get a clear picture of where you want to go. Don't worry that the world thinks. Know in your heart that what your mind can conceive, you can achieve and go forward with courage and faith. Know that you hold the power to make your dreams come true.

Today, I am grateful for quiet times when my soul finds peace, for lively times that energize my soul and for family time that builds a strong foundation. I am grateful for the infinite beauty of of the universe, the graceful beauty of trees and for eyes and ears to see the beauty around me.

I am grateful for those who have gone before me and share their knowledge about the wonders of the human mind. I am grateful for Norman Vincent Peale who introduced me to the power of positive thinking, to Richard Bach who gave me pause to question the truths I held so dear, for Dr. David Hamilton who broadened my understanding of the science behind how our thoughts can change our world.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your life be rich with dreams and may you always have the courage to pursue them and act as though they have already come to be. May you find joy and peace in your journey to understanding the incredible power you hold within. 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...