Monday, July 5, 2010

Hope is not a dream ...

photo by jillallyn 


When life gets tough we all have the tendency to look around us and begin to wonder if our hopes and dreams are simply the workings of a foolish mind, but when we face struggles is exactly the time when we need to focus on our dreams and have hope for our future. Giving up or giving in the the circumstances  paves the road to more difficult times.
If you are facing difficulties in this struggling economy, this is exactly the time when you need to focus on your dreams and maintain hope. Remember that nothing is as it seems. Opportunities are everywhere. Keep your mind sharp and your heart full of hope so you will recognize them when you see them.

Above all, remember to be grateful. Find the things in your life that you are grateful for and sing it to the universe. The very act of releasing those positive thoughts and those grateful statements frees you to receive all that is good in the world. 

If you are struggling, today, get out the pen and paper. Make a list of all you have to be thankful for. I promise you, your thoughts will shift. Your energy will shift from positive to negative and you will see the opportunities as they arise.

Today, I am thankful for quiet time to write, for cool mornings before the heat of the day and for growing things. I am thankful for a clear, sound mind to approach my day, for a sense of humor and for the vision to see beyond the immediate surroundings.

I am grateful for those who share my vision and for those who are yet to join me. I am grateful for family and friends that make my life complete. May their days be filled with joy. I am grateful for new opportunities, the insight to see them and for the courage to pursue them.

I am grateful for life and beauty and this wonderful world that surrounds me.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your dreams be big and your hope unwavering as you go forth into the world today.


No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...