Thursday, July 29, 2010

Beauty



God visits my garden every morning and I do my best to join him there. I am always amazed by its beauty in the rich color and peaceful energy.
Concentrate on the beauty around you today. Take the time to look. You may be surprised by what beauty there is in your own backyard that your busy life simply hasn't allowed you the time to see.

Today, I am grateful for the mighty winds that cast the clouds across the sky, for singing insects that remind me that life goes on just as it should whether I notice or not, and for squirrels that prance beneath my feet making the way to my bird feeder.I am grateful for the opportunity to work, for whispering leaves and for grass that feels cool beneath my feet. I am grateful for the exquisite beauty of shadows cast by a rising sun, for crisp tender vegetables from my garden and for wind chimes that add music to the air.I am grateful for family and friends who make life full and help me see the world through another's eyes. I am grateful for beginnings, for hard work and hope for a bright tomorrow.And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your day be filled with beauty as you go forth toward your future.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...