Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Photo by Nerian 

"It is hard to let old beliefs go. They are familiar. We are comfortable with them and have spent years building systems and developing habits that depend on them. Like a man who has worn eyeglasses so long that he forgets he has them on, we forget that the world looks to us the way it does because we have become used to seeing it that way through a particular set of lenses. Today, however, we need new lenses. And we need to throw the old ones away." Kenich Ohmae

Consider your view of the world today. What lens are you viewing it through? How would it change if you viewed it through a new set of lenses? Take a risk today and try out a new set of lenses with which to view the world.

I often hear pessimists proclaim that they are not pessimists, They claim they simply see the world the way it is. How sad that they cannot comprehend that we all choose how we see the world. There is no "how it is". How it is changes with our perspective, with our life experiences and with our state of mind. 

If you want to see a better world today, change your lenses.

Today, I am grateful for kittens, for puppies and for baby birds as they begin their journey into life. I am grateful for gardens brimming with fruit, for soil rich in nutrients and for room for roots to grow. I am grateful for buzzing bees and fluttering butterflies.

I am grateful for the changing of seasons that brings great beauty to the landscape. I am grateful for  babbling brooks and mighty rivers. I am grateful for family and friends who share my life and bring me joy.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you go forward with boldness as you risk the changing of your lenses today. May your vision be sharp and your heart be full.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...