Thursday, July 8, 2010


We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~Thornton Wilder


The morning glory meets each day with joy and stands proud in all its beauty. How much greater we are than the flowers of the earth, yet we have not yet learned to greet the day with such dignity and hope.

You may argue that I simply don't understand you circumstances. You are right. I don't. I can only say that the flowers of the earth do not give up when the soil is dry or water is scarce. They extend their roots to reach the water.


May you extend your roots today to reach that which gives you life and brings you joy.


Today, I am grateful for the cool morning air that gives my soul rest from the oppressive heat. I am grateful for birds that sing, winds that blow and the promise of a cold front arriving soon. 


I am grateful for a cool home, for electric fans and the electric company. I am grateful for yapping dogs in the distance that bring their family's joy. I am grateful for neighbors who make me smile, for family that makes me strong and children who bring joy to the world.


I am grateful for the air I breathe as it brings me life. I an grateful for the hummingbird that hovers over my head expressing his gratitude for cool fresh nectar in his feeder.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. may your day be rich and your heart be full.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...