Saturday, July 3, 2010


Photo by by Yasin Hassan - 





Consider your dreams today. Whatever they are, wherever they lead--they have come to you because you can achieve them. 

Today, I'd like to recommend the book Wake up and Dream  by Pat Mesiti published in 1994. I came upon this book in a little shop piled high with an assortment of books ranging from the metaphysical to romance novels. This easy-to-read book is both down to earth and inspiring, as the author blends personal experience with motivational quotes from a range of sources. Although not religious per se, he does provide scripture when appropriate, but maintains a good balance that makes this book suitable for Christians and non-Christians alike.















Today, I am grateful for cool summer evenings and birds that lull the world to sleep. I am grateful for time to read, time to feel the wind against my skin and time to watch my garden grow. 

I am grateful for fresh clean air to breathe, for sunshine to soothe the soul and for raindrops that glisten in the golden rays of sun. I am grateful for stars, for friends and for the people I have met who have lightened my load. I am grateful those I have yet to meet for they will bring me what I need to learn.

I am grateful for family that brings comfort, that keeps me grounded and  brings me great joy. 

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your day be filled with strength and courage as you work hard to pursue your dreams. 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...