Thursday, October 28, 2010







Photo by Sara G


According to Discover Health, your brain contains over 100 billion nerve cells capable of transmitting messages. When you have a thought the message is transmitted by electrical impulses within 300 milliseconds says John Hart, a scientist from John Hopkins.

At that rate it is no wonder we sometimes neglect to take action on those thoughts that may be turning points in our lives. Without quick action, they are relegated to the home where all great thoughts must go if they are not taken seriously.

Consider your thoughts today, and be ready to take action when inspiration strikes. Keep a notepad handy and jot down thoughts that may lead you to your goals.

Learning to recognize good thoughts, often referred to as moments of inspiration or inspirational genius, is an important task that requires alertness and quick action.

Today, I am grateful for a clear, sound mind that generates new thoughts and ideas that will lead me to my goals. I am grateful for the insight and wisdom that guides my day, for the courage and energy to pursue my dreams, and for the ability to help others reach their dreams too.

I am grateful for sunny skies after a long rain, for sparkling raindrops that reflect the sun making rainbows across my world, and for clean, soft air to breathe,

I am grateful for chickadees as they prepare for winter, for wild turkeys that strut in the fall sun, and the gentle deer that nibbles in silence.

 I am grateful for family and friends that fill my life with joy and laughter, for good books to read, and wool socks that keep my feet warm.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your days be filled with uplifting thoughts that spur you to go forward to meet your goals.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...