Thursday, October 14, 2010

“There are always flowers for those who want to see them.”~Henri Matisse









Photo by nrichford 



Consider what you choose to see today. The world is filled with beauty, if we but take the time to look. Lift up your eyes today and gaze on all that is good an uplifting. 

Resist the urge to dwell on things that bring you down for they will surely color your day and blind you to your goals and dreams.


Today, I am grateful for breath, for a beating heart and for life that I might bring goodness to the world. I am grateful for the example set by those who have gone before me, for laughter of good friends and tears that wash away all pain.


I am grateful for summer flowers that succumb to frost for now, but will be reborn in the glorious spring. I am grateful for the changing seasons that remind me that there is a time for everything whether I recognize it or not.


I am grateful for family that keeps me strong, for community that that supports its members and for spider webs that glisten in the sun.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your day be cheerful and may you always keep sight of the flowers.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...