Saturday, February 26, 2011

“It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive.” C. W. Leadbeater

jdurham
 
 
It is so easy to assume that what we see with our eyes or hear with our ears is all that there is. The Bible tells us, "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Romans 12:2. It is the renewing of your mind that allows you see beyond the physical realities around you and into the infinite possibilities your life holds.
 
Get in the habit of looking beyond what is before you to seek out opportunities and possibilities that are hidden from sight. Don't settle for false limits your senses impose.
 
For today, consider that what you see as the limit to what you can do may be an illusion and that beyond the veil lies infinite possibilities and opportunities.
 
Today, I am grateful the storm has passed and left in it wake white, fluffy snow that envelopes the world, once again. I am grateful for bright sunshine, blue skies and the promise of a new day.

I am grateful for mild air that replaces the blowing winds, gentle birds that flit from tree to tree and sing out in joy, and for the untouched beauty of rolling mounds of clean white snow.
I am grateful for family that shares my life, for words that encourage me and lift me up and for new challenges to overcome--for surely they make me strong.

I am grateful for new opportunities that flow into my life, for the ability to see beyond the "here and now" and for the promise of all good things to come.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you transform your thinking by the renewing of your mind today, as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.



No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...