Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon. Author Unknown

   
by lightningattack    
So often in life we underestimate what we are capable of achieving because of some imagined limit that really doesn't exist at all. Instead of going all the way, we stop short of what we really want because we think it is all we can have.

In the book The Aladdin Factor, the authors address our tendency to ask for less than we really want because we simply do not realize we can have more. The same applies to your dreams and goals. The only limits are those you impose upon yourself.

Consider the imagined limits you have created in your life, today and set goals that go beyond what you may have thought possible. Get in the habit of going for what you really want and stop settling for less than your deserve.


Today, I am grateful to have electricity, for road crews who clean up after yet another storm and for bus drivers who keep our children safe as they travel snowy roads.

I am grateful that the winter storms will soon pass and the world will awake in spring. I am grateful for the comfort of a cozy home, for soft blankets that keep me warm at night and work to keep me busy.

I am grateful for the freedom to pursue my dreams, for the courage to take risks and for the energy to see them through.

I am grateful for a clear sound mind, perfect health and the laughter of friends. I am grateful for family that I hold dear, for friends I meet along life's journey and for the kindness of strangers.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you see past the limits you have imagined in your life as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...