Sunday, May 22, 2011

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.~Robert Louis Stevenson

So often we become so focused on the harvest that we forget that sowing the right seeds is necessary to get the results we desire. Think of your life as garden today and consider the seeds you must sow to cultivate a thing of beauty.

Just as the gardener must choose his seeds wisely and plant them in fertile soil -- we must choose our thoughts and dreams wisely and nurture them as they grow.

Today, I am grateful for the singing birds, the flash of yellow finches and the robin perched high above the earth singing his welcome to the day. I am grateful for the promise of sun today that has yet to appear amidst the silent gray clouds. I am grateful for a reprieve from late spring rains that has enveloped our world for far too long.


I am grateful for herbs, for flowers and vegetables I have yet to plant. I am grateful for my garden that lies in wait of sunny days, for my climbing rose that grows beneath the clouds waiting to burst forth with the sun. I am grateful for the mighty forest that provides a home to creatures large and small.


I am grateful for the vast oceans of the world, for mountains that stand proud and tall and rainforests teeming with life. I am grateful for wild flowers, for butterflies and bees.


I am grateful for my family and my children who always make me proud.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you concentrate on sowing the seeds of a bright tomorrow as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...