Friday, May 27, 2011

We tend to get what we expect. Norman Vincent Peale

The simple truth that our expectations set the stage for what we receive may seem too simple, too easy or too fundamental for us to believe. Many of us have been raised to think that we are but mere puppets in the game of life and that life happens to us. That simply isn't true. Our attitude towards life, the expectation with which we greet the day and our belief in something outside of ourselves makes things happen.

Greet the day with joy and expectation today that your life may be filled with abundance and peace of mind. Cultivate your dreams today that you may reach above a mundane existence and overcome obstacles in your way.

So often we greet the day with an attitude of defeat and fear, never giving thought to the power within us all to overcome and to live joyous lives. I challenge you today to lift up your thoughts, refine your dreams and expect the best to come your way.

Today, I am grateful for the generosity of others, for warm smiles and light hearts. I am grateful for helping hands that reach out to the lives of others. I am grateful for Norma Vincent Peale who has touched my heart with his wise words first in The Power of Positive Thinking and now The Amazing Results of Positive Thinking


I am grateful for the mighty Universe filled with beauty from the tiny flower to the vastness of space. I am grateful for sunny days, for starry skies and for summer. I am grateful for water that flows in tiny streams and mighty rivers and brings life to the earth.


I am grateful to meet the day with hope and expectation of all good things that shall come to pass, for family that shares my life and neighbors who amaze me with their generosity. I am grateful for babies that bring new life into the homes of proud parents, for pets that comfort the sad or lonely and for music that soothes the soul.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you meet the day with expectation of the good things to come as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...