Monday, May 16, 2011

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. John Updike

Too often, we let the world around us convince us that our dreams are unrealistic or that we cannot attain them and give up before we have even tried. Guard against the influence of those who lack your vision. Cultivate belief in the beauty of your dreams, today, as you work to meet your goals. Always remember that it is your belief and faith in your dreams that brings them to pass.

Today, I am grateful for the promise of a returning sun, for the red-breasted grossbeak that adorns my feeder and for raindrops that slow to a light mist.


I am grateful for ears that hear, a heart that beats and lungs that breathe. I am grateful for fingers to type, for a clear sound mind and a sense of humor.

I am grateful for the ability to dream and for the knowledge that I hold the power to make my dreams come true. I am grateful for clarity of thought that I may direct my energies in the direction I wish to go. I am grateful for opportunities to share my skills with others, for hands that are eager to offer help when it is needed, and for a heart that see the good in the world.


I am grateful for laughter as it rings out, sending positive waves into the world, for smiles that brighten a damp, dreary day, and for moments of silence that brings peace to the soul.


I am grateful for family and friends who I hold dear, for pets who share my life and for wild animals that find shelter from the storm. I am grateful for teachers who honor the value of children, for parents who strive to improve their lives and for the unborn who will one day inherit the world.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you always believe in your ability to reach your goals as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.



Dream Quotes to Live By
Find out what great minds like Thoreau, Harriet Tubman
and Eleanor Roosevelt have to say about the value of your
dreams.




No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...