Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. Harriet Tubman


Reach For The Stars


Sometimes we get caught up in the habit of thinking and believing too small. We set goals that fall short of our real dreams because deep down we fear that we do not have the strength, courage and "smarts" to go further. But the exciting truth is: You do. You have within you all the power you need to reach your goals, it is up to you what you will set your sights on, and what you will choose to focus on, as you work to achieve your goals and reach your dreams.

Today, take a moment to consider what you really desire - not what you mistakenly "think" you can attain. Consider the words of Dr. Robert Schuller, "What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" as you begin the important work of refining your goals.

Once you've set the new goals let Harriet Tubman's words:  "Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." be your guide as you go forward toward your dreams.

Today, I am grateful for the dusting of snow that enveloped the morning trees, for soft spring air, and for gray skies that offer a sprinkle of rain. I am grateful for the squirrel that scurries across the yard, for the rabbit that  hops behind the trees, and for deer that that graze on open patches of grass. I am grateful for the mighty bear that still lies groggy in his den, for the tiny cubs that will emerge in spring, and for ample food for them to eat.
I am grateful for healthy food to eat, for my garden that still lies beneath the snow, and for nature's bounty when the fiddleheads arrive. I am grateful for clean clear water to quench my thirst, for music to lift the soul, and for the beauty that nature brings to my life.
I am grateful for my family who makes me laugh and teaches me that life is meant to be enjoyed. I am grateful for friends who stop to share a word or smile, for neighbors who remind me we are not alone in the world, and for strangers who cross my path. 
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. "Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world," as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.





No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...