Saturday, February 11, 2012

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.


Strength

Buy This at Allposters.com

Too often we attribute our degree of happiness to the world around us and fail to consider our own contribution to our condition. Somehow, we have all been raised to believe that those around us control our happiness and our ability to reach our goals. The truth is: Only you hold that power.

How we react to, and deal with, the circumstances of our lives directly impacts our sense of happiness or our degree of misery. If you are in the habit of pointing the finger to others around you as an excuse to wallow in self pity or as the reason you haven't attained your goals, it is time to stop.

For today, take stock of your limiting beliefs that cause you unhappiness or create stumbling blocks in your journey to reach your goals. Devote your time to activities and thoughts that make you strong instead of miserable and you will soon find yourself back on track to achieving your goals.

Today, I am grateful for snowflakes that swirl from gray skies, for cold crisp air that refreshes the soul, and for the hope that spring is not far behind. I am grateful for the music of the wind, the soft hush of snow falling on trees, and the hiss of sleet as it blankets the forest.

I am grateful for trees with their life-giving ability to add oxygen to the air, for their silent arms that provide shelter for weary birds, and for their beauty that always inspires me. I am grateful for mountains, for valleys, and quiet forest streams.
I am grateful for freedom of speech that I may write freely, for a sound mind that allows me to learn and grow, and a healthy body to take me through the day. I am grateful for eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to love.
I am grateful for family without whom I would be lost, for a home that protects me from the storm, and friends who enrich my life.
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you choose to expend your energy in activities to make you strong as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.





No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...