Tuesday, January 5, 2010

As you think, so shall you be ...

The greatest discovery of our generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. As you think, so shall you be. William James

Why is it so hard for human beings to believe that what we believe and the attitude we hold towards those beliefs governs our lives? We've all seen it in action. We've all encountered the naysayer who is so angry and frustrated with his life that he can't see past the negative. His focus on all that is bad in the world, and in others, fills his life with events that solidify his beliefs. We know it is true. Why then, is it so hard to believe that a positive attitude can fill our lives with positive events?

I have chosen to believe in the power of the positive and hope you have too.

Today, I am grateful for the beautiful white blanket of snow that envelopes the land, for winter birds that flood my feeder and fresh clean air. I am grateful for the freedom to express myself in writing and share my thoughts with you. I am grateful for the wonderful people in my life and a loving family. I am grateful for a warm house that allows me to work in comfort, gently falling snowflakes and hot steaming coffee that starts my day. And.. I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share your day. May it be filled with peace and joy that you pass on to all who you come in contact with today.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...