Thursday, January 7, 2010

Imagine

To bring anything into your life, imagine that it's already there. Richard Bach Consider the power of visualizing what you want to manifest in your life today. Richard Bach brought us the message in the 70's but few of us listened beyond a fascination with his work. I read Johnathan Livingston Seagull when it was fashionable and went on to read Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah, a truly inspiring book. But life happened and I moved away from their life-changing messages. And now, I am brought full circle to the concepts they contained. The power of visualizing what you want most can be done any time, any where. Don't let excuses of time get in your way today. Close your eyes and visualize, if only for a moment. Know that what you visualize will come to pass. You may wonder why I included the image of Cardinal today. It's simple really. I love birds and have a feeder just outside my window. While I write, I like to see them flitting here and there. Chickadees and finches flitter throughout the day, the hairy woodpecker stops by to enjoy the suet feeder, nuthatches chirp and twitter as they wait for leftovers, but there are no cardinals. I want cardinals. Today, I will visualize cardinals at my feeder. Today, I am grateful for the brilliant stars in the winter sky, for the soft haze around the moon and for the glisten of the snow. I am grateful for darkness and for dawn as night transforms to day. I am grateful for my computer that provides the tools I need to write. I am grateful for a loving family, caring neighbors and pets that bring me peace. And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, for I know that you are making remarkable changes in your life today. May your day be filled with wonder, peace and joy.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...