Sunday, January 10, 2010

What things are you giving power over your life, today?

When you fight something, you’re tied to it forever. As long as you’re fighting it, you’re giving it power! Anthony de Mello Consider your inner battles today. When you react to that inner voice that speaks of lack and want and need, know that you are giving it power to manifest in your life. Turn the thoughts around and concentrate on the opposite of your need. Feel the joy of knowing your needs have been met and stay the mind on that thought. For many of us, learning to rephrase out thoughts, and ultimately our battles, takes a bit of practice and constant monitoring. We have been taught to think in terms of our lack. That little voice that cries out that you are too fat or too old or not skilled enough to compete with the rest of the world can be silenced. Many of us make the mistake of changing our thoughts in ways that still focus on the negative. If you are in the habit of saying "Why am I so tired?" or "I am too old for this.", you might think saying "I'm no longer tired." or "I'm not old." will turn your thoughts around. It won't. You are still feeding your mind the old familiar phrase and sending the same message. Your mind hears "tired" and "old" and works to bring those things about in your life. Try "I am young and energetic." or "I am well-rested and filled with energy." instead. Send your mind and body the message of youth and energy and watch your energy level increase. Whatever battles you face today, stop fighting. Turn your thoughts around and stop negative thoughts in their tracks. If you haven't already done so, today is an excellent day to begin a new life with positive thoughts. Do it for a day.. do it for a week .. do it for a month .. but whatever you do, make a note of the positive changes in your life. You'll be amazed what changing your thoughts can do. Today, I am grateful for vegetables brimming with flavor, brightly colored fruits and hearty grains that fuel the body and mind. I am grateful for a sunny day and calm still air. I am grateful for starry nights, rainy days and the promise of spring. I am grateful for snowbanks that provide swift sledding for children. I am grateful for the people who touch my life and bring warmth and joy. I am grateful for my family who challenge and comfort, allowing me to grow and become who I was meant to be. And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you consider my words and continue your journey to finding who you were meant to be. May your day be blessed with unexpected riches that makes your life full.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...