Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dreams Determine Your Tomorrows

Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you. Marsha Norman Consider your dreams today; they are the seeds of your tomorrow. Whether you dream big or you dream small determines the degree of the greatness you can achieve. Be the mighty hot air balloon that floats effortlessly above the earth with a clear vision of the world below. Many years ago a dear friend gave me a birthday card. A gorgeous Hot Air Balloon floated across the deep blue sky. The verse indicated that she wanted to give me a hot air balloon ride for my birthday, but could not. Taped inside was a bright red balloon with the verse.. . "So, I'm sending you the seed." What a marvelous idea. The card has long been misplaced, but the thought has lingered across the years. My very own hot air balloon seed was more than I could hope for. Of course, at the time I didn't see the significance, but I understand now. To reap the things we want in our life, we must sow the seeds. Isn't it time you rewrite the book of you? Illustrate it with your dreams and watch your life as it transforms from ordinary to extraordinary. Today, I am grateful for time -- time to dream, time to do, time to be, and time to become. I am grateful for the the sun that rises, the winds that blow and the air I breathe. I am grateful for the calming peace that comes from knowing my life transforms gracefully from old to new as result of my thoughts and dreams and prayers. I am grateful for birds on wing, for the music of the wind and cats that cuddle lovingly despite the circumstances. I am grateful for family and friends that make my life full. And, I am grateful for you, dear reader as you summon up the courage to dream big and make remarkable changes in your life. May your day be filled with peace and joy and all that is good.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...