Saturday, April 2, 2011

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” Gandhi

So often in life we spend our time waiting for someone or something to change that we may find happiness in our life--never realizing that the change must come from inside.

Many of us are guilty of thinking in terms of "if only".
~If only I had more money, I'd be happy.
~If only others appreciated me more, I'd be happy.
~If only I'd catch a break I could reach my goals.

Don't sit back and wait for change--be the change and you will soon find yourself nearing your goals.

Today, I am grateful for color that adds depth and dimension to the world, for music that soothes the soul and the sense of smell that allows me to breathe in spring or inhale the scent of fresh baked bread.


I am grateful for the brave robin that returns each year in spite of the snow, for frogs that stir beneath the soil in preparation of spring and for shoots of grass that work their way through the pavement.


I am grateful for friends who make me laugh, books that make me cry and family that makes me feel safe.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your be the change you want to see in the world as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...